My Favourite Tipples from a senior research analyst
Wednesday, 9th August 2017
My Favourite Tipples are shared by Nancy Snell, a research and information professional with over 20 years of experience in research, analysis, competitive intelligence, project management and strategy development primarily with consulting firms.
As a research lead for a global consulting company, I cover a broad range of topics and industries, but the bulk of my research has been focused on retail and consumer products. While I have access to subscription databases and resources for specific project work, I also have a few key sources for daily doses of retail.
- NRF Smartbrief is a daily newsletter that covers all things retail and is produced by Smartbrief in association with the National Retail Federation. They provide headlines, a summary of the content and a link to the original source. The links are a mix of free and paid resources. Smartbrief produces more than 200 niche email newsletters in partnership with industry associations.
- Retail Systems Research is a research group that also produces public content in the form of webinars, benchmarks and insights on retail-specific business and technology issues ranging from omnichannel, customer relationship management and more. I rely on the benchmarks for industry data and the newsletters keep me informed on current trends in retail technology. Both are free with profile registration.
- Women's Wear Daily (WWD): My friends laugh when I mention Women's Wear Daily because they know I hate shopping and they find it funny that I know all the latest fashion trends. I read it for the business side of the companies they cover in apparel, beauty and footwear, but having a few conversation starters on trends is good too!
- S&P Capital IQ: This is my favourite go-to database for competitive intelligence. The key developments provide a current and historical timeline of information for key executive changes, acquisitions, lawsuits and more. I can find transcripts for quarterly earnings, annual reports, mergers & acquisitions, transaction information and financials.
- I will be in the path of the solar eclipse that is moving across the US on Monday 21st August. The US National Aeronautics and Space Administration agency (NASA) is one of the best sources for all things eclipse. I'm reading about the best viewing spots, hunting for proper glasses, figuring out photography tricks and hoping it won't be raining.
An article in Jinfo which I found particularly interesting:
- I'm always looking for ways to think "outside of the box" which in my case involves highly focused research. Jinfo keeps me aware of the broader information industry trends and changes. Right now, my bulletin board houses a copy of "Future-proof your information service", one of the insights from Jinfo's recent research into benchmarking information services. The insight reminds me to always think in terms of reinvention or as I would say – outside of the box.
Contribute your "My Favourite Tipples"
Would you like to share your "My Favourite Tipples" with the Jinfo audience? For contributor guidelines email email@example.com or visit the Publish with Jinfo page.
About this item
Related Blog items:
Related Subscription Reports: