Content and Community picks for January
Monday, 5th February 2018
Jinfo's head of content and community, Catherine Dhanjal, highlights a must-read article, report, webinar and Community session from January.
As we head into February, thoughts may turn to purchasing resources for the new budget year or investing in skills development and strategic planning.
One of the most enjoyable parts of my role as head of content and community at Jinfo is looking back over the month and getting a new wave of excitement about what we've made available through Jinfo Subscriptions. This blog post gives me an opportunity to share that excitement, as well as to pick out some items you may have missed. The resources below support those aims.
Our Content and Community are driven by our research, customer comments and queries, as well as insights from attendance at conferences and events.
- Article: Sam Luton writes on "Building the mosaic - resources used inside buy-side funds to support the investment process", a useful guide to resources used to help underpin the decision process behind investments. He has spent the last 10 years working on the buy-side and also recently authored the "Market landscape - Expert networks for investment banking professionals", which gives an overview of five such firms and how these primary research firms match industry experts with finance professionals wishing to learn more about those areas.
- Report: Jinfo's models are practical worksheets and methodologies. In January we published one that tackled an area almost every information centre wants to improve on: improving upwards communication. Our director of research, Robin Neidorf, explains how a traditional tool like a monthly report can be transformed into a document which is far more effective at capturing and communicating the value of your service.
- Webinar: Our regular programme of webinars offers superb at-your-desk, at-your-convenience learning and an alternative way to absorb information or get up to speed on an issue. These 60-minute sessions are available live or to view post-session at your leisure.
The January session "Real-world analytics and you" looked at common challenges in analytics projects and practical measures to address them, with big data analyst Amy Affelt adding her experience and thoughts to the session.
- Community session: Our live, confidential, facilitated Community sessions tackle topics from strategic planning to enhancing departmental skills. See our upcoming sessions here.
In January one of the sessions concentrated on "Internal & external data - inventories and resources for enabling analytics", discussing how to make data projects more successful. You can read highlights of the session in "Become an authority on external data for analytics".
If you're not yet a Community subscriber and would like the opportunity to attend, do contact me for a taster invitation.
- Keep an eye on our "What's new" section to see the most recent articles, reports and blogs in one dashboard, together with upcoming webinar and Community session listings
- Get a sense of what other readers find of interest by checking out the trending articles and blog items
- Share what's upcoming with our monthly "Forthcoming in Jinfo" PDF - great for physical noticeboards or adding to your intranet
If you have a suggestion, do contact me, your thoughts are always welcome.
About this item
Related Subscription Articles:
Related Subscription Reports: