Content and Community picks for June
Wednesday, 4th July 2018
Jinfo's Head of Content and Community, Catherine Dhanjal, highlights a must-read article, report, webinar and Community session from June, on areas from budgeting to keeping up with technology developments.
I find the summer months a great time for reflection and like to take the opportunity to do some deeper reading around topics and invest time in preparing for a push on autumn projects. My highlights from June's content and events cover areas which will resonate with many information centres, from optimising their teams to justifying budgets and keeping on top of developments in intelligence platforms.
Our Content and Community are driven by our research, customer comments and queries, as well as insights from attendance at conferences and events.
- Report: Between 2016 and 2017 we more than tripled the number of market landscapes we publish. These are proving a popular way of gaining top-level intelligence on a number of products for a particular use-case or on a vendor offering a wide variety of products where many might be of interest to the information professional. In June, we published a "Market landscape - Clarivate Analytics", introducing Clarivate's products in fields from life sciences to patent research, trademark research and IP. We also looked in more detail at nine products most relevant to our subscribers, including Cortellis, Web of Science and MarkMonitor.
- Webinar: Our regular programme of webinars offers superb at-your-desk, at-your-convenience learning and an alternative way to absorb information or get up to speed on an issue. These 60-minute sessions are available live or to view post-session at your leisure. Since January this year, we've also been making the decks with speaker notes available for download.
One of our June sessions featured Comintelli and Northern Light. "Intelligence platforms - overcome platform perplexity with our panel discussion" made for a lively session looking at the development of current awareness and content platforms into intelligence platforms. It benefitted from two different perspectives on elements such as challenges of integration, improving content integration and working with vendors.
- Community session: Our live, confidential, facilitated Community sessions tackle topics from strategic planning to enhancing departmental skills. See our upcoming sessions here.
We were delighted to welcome Jantinus Meints, global director of external content at EY, to one of our June sessions, "Setting aside time for strategy". Jantinus drew on his experience of managing teams across multiple time zones, serving information needs on a global and local basis, and keeping strategy and roadmaps on track.
If you're not yet a Community subscriber and would like the opportunity to attend, do contact me for a taster invitation. If you have Community on your subscription, you can also download the deck and speaker notes for all our sessions from January 2018 onwards.
- Visit our "What's new" dashboard to see the most recent articles, reports and blogs in one place, together with upcoming webinar and Community session listings
- Get a sense of what other readers find of interest by checking out the trending articles and blog items
- Share what's upcoming with our monthly "Forthcoming in Jinfo" PDF, for a sneak peek into the month ahead
If you have a suggestion, do contact me, your thoughts are always welcome.
About this item
Related Subscription Articles:
Related Subscription Reports: