Where Is Information Work Taking Place?
Tuesday, 9th October 2012
Information services may no longer have the same headcounts as 20 years ago (or even 10 years ago), but they perform critical functions within organisations. Furthermore, the work that used to be performed within IS still takes place, but perhaps not in quite the same way or by the same job titles as in the past. This next article documenting the results of Benchmarking on Information Services illustrates some of the successes and frustrations of the evolving information function in the enterprise.
Access to this item, and all Jinfo articles and reports, is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check
your access to this item:
If this item has been shared with you by someone, we will ask you to quickly set up a free account for Jinfo, before returning you to this page to show you the item.
Find out how a Jinfo Subscription can help your organisation:
- Save time and money
- Re-invent information services
- Define, measure and communicate information value
... through access to all our articles, reports, webinars, community sessions and consulting.
Pricing and Benefits
Contact us with your questions or to check if someone in your organisation already has a subscription. Use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
About this article
- Where Is Information Work Taking Place?
- Publication Date:
- Tuesday, 9th October 2012
- Topic Category:
Related Subscription Articles:
- Priorities in the Enterprise
Thursday, 27th September 2012
- Digging Deeper into Staff Size
Wednesday, 5th September 2012
- A Step Too Far with Collaboration
Thursday, 23rd August 2012
- Benchmarking: Information Structure
Wednesday, 22nd August 2012
- A Survey of Enterprise Collaboration Tools
Thursday, 12th July 2012
- Software or shelfware? Creating a collaborative culture
Thursday, 5th July 2012
- Reinventing librarians: Part 2 - Use knowledge of resources and use to enhance the procurement process
Tuesday, 1st November 2011
- A construction industry approach to using information - BIM, a shared knowledge resource
Monday, 1st August 2011
- Embedded librarianship Part 1: Aligning with organisational strategy to transform information into knowledge
Wednesday, 2nd February 2011
- The social intranet fires-up knowledge sharing
Wednesday, 9th June 2010
Related Blog items:
Back to top ^
« All Articles