Creating the roadmap towards information literacy
12th April 2017
@ Online teleconference
[Research Focus: Developing an information-savvy workforce through strategic alignments]
Information literacy is a key skill for today's knowledge workers, as the tools of the trade are increasingly being put into their hands. However, organisations are struggling to successfully progress their employees' capabilities.
For information teams, the impact of this skills gap can mean increased work, having to firefight its associated risks, and an inability to focus on the more value-added, strategic work that is increasingly becoming its remit.
In order to get from where you are to where you want to be, it is essential to have a clear roadmap that will help guide your actions over the next three, six, 12 months, and beyond.
This Jinfo Community session provides practical tips on how to:
- Assess the maturity of your organisation’s overall information literacy
- Identify and prioritise which parts of the business to focus on for improvements
- Create a 12-month plan to create measurable change in the information skills of knowledge workers.
Community sessions are open to any organisation whose subscription includes them. When your registration is approved, you will receive details enabling you to login to the teleconference.
If you have a question about this event, or are unsure if you have access to Community sessions, please contact us.
- Wednesday, 12th April 2017 at 08:00 Pacific / 10:00 Central / 11:00 Eastern / 16:00 (BST) / 17:00 Europe, 60 minutes.
Attendance at this Community session is available through a Jinfo Subscription at the Community level and higher.
Please complete the form to register if:
- Your organisation has an eligible subscription;
- You are not sure if you have an eligible subscription.
We will review your request and confirm your status.
« All Community sessions