Portfolio value, data-driven future, and you
Monday, 24th June 2019
« Blog Item
Find out how Jinfo can help you develop your team and skills around content purchasing, portfolio management and resource optimisation.
Responsibility for content purchasing and licensing requires you to stay on top of the changing vendor landscape, emerging business needs, and shiny new features introduced on the products already in your portfolio.
Then add the rising importance of data-driven processes and innovation, many of which rely on third-party licensed data, to your concerns.
Then add the need for constant education of stakeholders on why this is so complex.
And THEN add the challenges of measuring value, not (just) usage.
Jinfo provides tools, training and - perhaps most importantly - a community of your peers to help you manage the challenging world of content purchasing.
Check out these examples of how we put our research to work for you:
- Re-set the framework of negotiations: usage has gone up, and the vendor wants a price increase, but our realised value is the same... or not even measurable. This blog item shows how our strategic model changes the entire conversation.
- Tackle the data challenge: trying to figure out how to license data as part of your portfolio? Inconsistencies in licensing norms, T&Cs, compatibility and liability are anxiety-provoking. You need real-world, practical suggestions for how to scale this learning curve NOW... and you can find them in this blog item.
- From expert users to end-users: enabling end-users throughout an organisation is a focus that will intensify as information teams get leaner. What does this shift mean for our content and data licensing strategies? Consider the requirements of an Information Centre of Excellence, outlined here.
It's time to master a new way to think, manage and act
Content purchasing and licensing is an exciting but complex area of expertise.
There are few resources which can help the way Jinfo can:
- Our Consulting Workshop, "Holistic content portfolio management", helps your team adapt your portfolio management to a strategic framework based on value, not cost.
- Our Consulting Workshop, "Executive-ready communications for your whole team", prepares you to communicate more effectively with the highest levels of your organisation, and helps you develop a sustainable programme of ongoing communication about value at all times, not just budget time.
- Use our product reviews and market landscapes (included in a Jinfo Subscription) to expand the capacity of your team - we provide early stage research on the products and categories you need to know about, freeing up your staff for higher-value work.
- We can save you even more time with Quarterly Briefings - regular meetings in which a Jinfo analyst can condense recent reviews, vendor coverage and purchasing-related insights on the topics you care about.
- Our unique Community sessions on Jinfo for content purchasing offer unmatched peer-to-peer support, brainstorming and problem-solving on the complex challenges in our marketplace. Community sessions are open to customers with a Jinfo Subscription.
Whether you tap into our product reviews or work with us to revamp your entire approach to content purchasing and portfolio management, Jinfo will give you greater confidence in testing products, advising your stakeholders, and succeeding in tough negotiations.
Talk to me about your challenges; we'll help you find solutions.
« Blog Item
Item URL: https://web.jinfo.com/go/blog/74605
Printed: Monday, 26th August 2019
© 1997-2019 Jinfo Limited