« All Reports
Product Review of EndNote
Tuesday, 29th September 2015
In-depth product review of EndNote X7, the reference management tool from Thomson Reuters for corporate and academic researchers.
- Explains how it enables users to import and track references, produce subject reports, create citations within technical articles, and to share research collections with colleagues.
- Discusses unique features such as full integration with Thomson Reuters Web of Science and a built-in reference updater, and examines in detail how to start using EndNote X7. Useful features covered include synchronising between desktop and online accounts, importing PDFs from the desktop and "Smart Group" search which examines a user's entire library.
- Looks at the technology, and discusses in detail importing references, search database options, PDF handling, working with Google Scholar, customising citations and bibliographies and how to share references.
- Covers development, competitors and pricing, considers the maturity of the Thomson Reuters tool and outlines the important differences between reference citation tools and reference management tools. Competitors considered include the free tools Zotero and Mendeley, plus BibTex, RefWorks, Papers, and Reference Manager.
Reviewed by Cindy Romaine
Access to this item is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check
your access to this item:
If this item has been shared with you by someone, we will ask you to quickly set up a free account for Jinfo, before returning you to this page to show you the item.
Gain access to this report, and find out how a Jinfo Content Subscription can help your organisation:
- Save time and money
- Re-invent information services
- Define, measure and communicate information value
Pricing and Benefits
Contact us with your questions or to check if someone in your organisation already has a subscription. Use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
Purchase this PDF report by credit card for immediate online delivery:
Add To Cart
Or purchase using this order form:
About this report
- Pages: 22
- Topic Category:
Related Subscription Articles:
Related Blog items:
Related Subscription Reports:
« All Reports