Maximising the strengths and minimising the weaknesses of organisational structure
11th July 2017
[Research Focus: Benchmark information roles - optimise your structure]
The information services function has traditionally comprised of a centralised function, which ticked all the boxes of our three-legged stool: sources, technology and value.
However, our benchmarking research has highlighted a trend towards a more decentralised approach. The core functions of research services, content purchasing, knowledge management and (now) analytics may be placed in any one of a number of divisions - IT, HR, or even procurement.
There is no "correct" configuration for where information expertise should be placed in an organisation. Each has its pros and cons, and your strategy needs to be based on an understanding of what you can leverage - and what you need to counteract - in order to be most effective.
This Jinfo Webinar builds on the results of our benchmarking research to provide practical tips on:
- Harnessing the strengths of your configuration
- Minimising the weaknesses of your configuration
- Addressing any fundamental challenges of the combination of structure and culture in your environment.
Webinars are open to licensed users on a Jinfo Subscription. Spaces are limited.
If you have a question about this event, or are unsure if you have a subscription, please contact us.
- Tuesday, 11th July 2017 at 08:00 Pacific / 10:00 Central / 11:00 Eastern / 16:00 (BST) / 17:00 Europe, 60 minutes
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
Attendance at this Webinar is available through a Jinfo Subscription.
So that we may process your request as efficiently as possible, please follow the guidance here:
"Yes, we subscribe"
- Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this Webinar and provide a direct-registration link (recommended)
- Or complete the Registration Enquiry form below and we will check your Subscription and register you for this Webinar
"No, not yet"
- If you are considering purchasing a Jinfo Subscription and would like to request guest access to try out the service, please complete the Registration Enquiry form below.
Learn more and subscribe »
- Please complete the Registration Enquiry form below and we will check if your organisation has a Jinfo Subscription and contact you to confirm either way
If you have any problems using the form or would like to speak to someone direct, please contact us or use the 'Live Text-Chat' button at the bottom of this page.
« All Webinars